- $50 for a one-year Silk individual membership ($100 value)
- Unlimited free admission for you and one guest to the Schindler House and all MAK Vienna branches
- 10% discount on all publications in the MAK Center bookstore and the MAK Design Shop in Vienna
- Invitations to exhibitions, private openings, and an annual Friends party
- An associate Friendship in the Austrian MAK Art Society, Vienna
- Up to 25% discount on special events such as architectural tours and fundraiser parties.
MAK Center for Art and Architecture at the Schindler House
Clean straight lines, lofty windows, a fusion of interior and exterior space: in the 1920s and '30s, architect R.M. Schindler pioneered the style that came to be known as California Modern. Today, the MAK Center for Art and Architecture honors his groundbreaking legacy by supporting architects and artists with an unconventional approach to their discipline. Headquartered in Schindler's 1922 home and studio, whose broad patios and shared kitchen were intended to foster communal living, the Center brings arts aficionados together for exhibitions and events. It also hosts artists' residencies in Schindler's 1939 Mackey Apartments and throws small, intimate parties in his 1936 Fitzpatrick-Leland House in Laurel Canyon.