What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $77.50 for a tutoring-session evaluation, follow-up, success plan, and one Success Session ($150 value)
- $129 for a tutoring-session evaluation, follow-up, success plan, and four Success Sessions ($255 value)
- $185 for a tutoring-session evaluation, follow-up, success plan, and seven Success Sessions ($360 value)
Life Coaching: Playing to Your Strengths
To figure out whether a life coach might enhance your life—and how they might do that—follow along with Groupon’s introduction to the profession.
To pin down what a life coach does, it’s helpful to know what they don’t do. They’re not psychiatrists or therapists—they don’t seek to pin a diagnosis to your problems. Nor are they simply good listeners for life issues. Instead, a life coach starts with the philosophy that you’re the world’s leading expert on your life and needs, and you’re in charge of changing your life for the better.
Anatomy of a Coaching Plan
A life coach works much as a sports coach works to improve a team: by helping set goals, identifying the skills needed to achieve them, and assigning exercises to strengthen those skills. Your first session will probably consist of structured assessments and a deep conversation about your long-term goals. The coach will then help create a detailed plan filled with measurable milestones. After a session, you might leave with an assignment such as journaling or charting how you spend your time. Along the way, you’ll receive plenty of motivation—the kind that prompts you to look inward, at your own goals and values, rather than outward at external measures of success such as the number of trophies you can bench-press.
- Life coaching typically has a definite timeline; a 1998 study by the International Coach Federation found an average coaching duration of nine months. Sessions can be as short as 20 minutes, and can even take place via phone.
- Since its coalescence as a profession in the 1990s, life coaching has developed many offshoots. One life coach might use the tools of neurolinguistic programming, helping you take on the language and behavior patterns of successful people. Another might incorporate hypnotherapy methods.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.