Locally sourced meals taste better because they eliminate the chance of flavors losing their way during 1,000-mile commutes. Savor the freshest tastes with today’s Groupon to Malibu and Vine Bar & Grille, located at Malibu Golf Club. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get a gourmet meal for two (up to a $92 total value). The meal includes:
- Four small plates (up to a $16 value each)
Two glasses of wine or draft beer (up to a $14 value each)<p>
- For $65, you get a gourmet meal for four (up to a $184 total value). The meal includes:
- Eight small plates (up to a $16 value each)
- Four glasses of wine or draft beer (up to a $14 value each)<p>
Chef Matthew Zubrod, twice recognized for his culinary prowess by the James Beard Foundation, fashions local and organic ingredients into a delectable menu of small plates. Starting at 3 p.m., guests can clash forks over plates of crab cakes inspired by Julia Child with a lemon-basil aioli named after Danny Aiello. Succulent clams are steamed in dry pale ale, and spicy tuna heats up taste buds in concert with a risotto cake and a drizzle of sweetened soy. Plates of artisanal meats and cheeses enlighten taste buds with a conglomeration of savory flavors.
Diners can complement flavors from sumptuous bites with sips of draft beer, such as Allagash White, Lagunitas Pils, or Stone IPA, or pair them with wines such as Sonoma Valley’s Benziger Family sauvignon blanc or Gundlach Bundschu Mountain Cuvee. Guests stand around high tables or sit in the shade of wide umbrellas in a grassy area that overlooks the scenic fairway and drag-racing golf carts of Malibu Golf Club.