All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed March 6, 2017
· Reviewed February 5, 2017
· Reviewed January 25, 2017
What You'll Get
If a dog is man's best friend, then a horse is man's best ride for escaping man's greatest enemy, hot dogs. Flee with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $99 for a 90-minute intro lesson and two one-hour group lessons (a $225 value)
- $89 for a two-hour introductory horsemanship and riding lesson for two with a complimentary glass of champagne, wine, or a nonalcoholic beverage each (a $240 value)
- $159 for a two-hour introductory horsemanship and riding lesson for four with a complimentary glass of champagne, wine, or a nonalcoholic beverage each (a $480 value)
- $110 for a two-hour introductory horsemanship and riding lesson for two and a picnic with champagne or wine, a campfire, s'mores, and crackers and cheese (a $300 value)
- $179 for a two-hour introductory horsemanship and riding lesson for four and a picnic with champagne or wine, a campfire, s'mores, and crackers and cheese (a $600 value)
For the first option, individuals learn the basic during a 90-minute lesson and can hone their skills with two more one-hour group lessons. During two-hour lessons, seasoned school horses saunter along as students learn the basics of English-style riding, grooming, and tacking. Pairs or foursomes can toast the lesson with a complimentary glass of champagne, wine, or a nonalcoholic beverage of choice. Groups can also supplement lessons with a farm experience, during which they unwind from their lessons with a picnic spread of champagne or wine, crackers and cheese, and charcuterie, alongside a roaring campfire for roasting marshmallows if weather and wind conditions cooperate.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 23, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 24hr cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 8 or older. Must sign waiver. 200lb weight max. Must wear long pants and hard sole shoes; no gym or tennis shoes permitted. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Maloney's Horses and Ponies
At Maloney's Horses and Ponies, majestic steeds graze and buck in open pastures backed by a landscape of picturesque rolling hills and whispering ocean waves. Standing in the sea breeze is Cheryl Maloney, the proprietor and head riding instructor. Before opening her school, Cheryl taught throughout the United States and England, most recently directing the Stanford Riding School for 12 years. She is joined by fellow instructors Sara Williams, Sarah Platshon, and Jack Gosse-Fuchs; together, the team leads lessons in English-style riding for students of all ages and skill levels.
During lessons, students learn the fundamentals of riding—from sitting in a basic balancing position to standing while singing the horse anthem—along with necessary horsemanship skills such as grooming and tacking. The lessons take place in Maloney's all-weather back sand arena, where picturesque ocean views frame a colorful jumping course, and a front arena dedicated to dressage and flat exercises. The school also has access to more than 7 miles of beach trails that lead riders on explorations of the bluffs or trots down to the surf. The school also boards horses, sells and leases new mounts, and holds summer camps for riders up to 15 years old.