The call of the wild is like a call from an elderly grandparent: though you can’t quite make out what’s being said, you feel better about yourself when you answer. Pick up nature’s phone with today’s Groupon from Manatee Tour and Dive in Crystal River. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get a manatee dive and tour for a child 12 or younger (a $24.50 total value). Children 5 or younger are free with a paid adult. The dive includes the following:
- A guided manatee tour (a $14.50 value)
Snorkel-equipment rental (a $10 value)<p>
- For $20, you get a manatee dive and tour for an adult (a $49 total value). The dive includes the following:
- A guided manatee tour (a $29 value)
- Snorkel-equipment rental (a $20 value)
Peak season typically lasts from October 1 to March 31.
Manatee Tour and Dive sets visitors swimming among West Indian manatees within the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, dotted with natural springs and underground saunas that keep the water at a temperature of around 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Guided manatee tours depart several times a day for 2.5 hours at a stretch and grant guests the opportunity to observe the majestic yet gentle mammals within an environment designed to preserve and protect their population. Before the dive, guests don wetsuits, masks, snorkels, fins, and echolocation helmets. Then, guides armed with plenty of safety experience and knowledge of the natural world lead swimmers of all ability levels through manatee-rich waters as the huge creatures drift along, interact, and convene consciousness-raising groups to eliminate the hurtful term “sea cow.”
267 NW 3rd St.
Crystal River, Florida 34428