What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Tips For Brides-to-Be
Today's Groupon gives your hair the attention that it's been politely requesting in a British accent. For $50, you get $100 worth of styling and cosmetic services at Mane Attraction, a Phoenix salon that InStyle names one of the top 25 salons in America (the only Arizona salon to make the cut), the Arizona Republic considers the Best Fuss-Free Haircut in Phoenix, and Harper's Bazaar dubs "internationally trained makeover specialists."
Before a Mane Attraction stylist puts scissors to your bangs, they will analyze your bone structure, body structure, skin tone, eye color, and lifestyle to devise the perfect cut and look for you. This in-depth consultation comes with a cup of tea (or mulled spiced wine during the holidays). Hair services include cutting and styling ($48–$125), coloring (full highlights from $100), and repairing desert damage ($35). Since Mane Attraction stylists work with your hair instead of against it, your temperamental tresses won't need a ton of gels and sprays to look its best every day.
Mane Attraction also offers a variety of beauty packages, including makeovers for her (hair and styling, in-depth color consultation, make-up, and before/after shots, $89) and for him (hair, styling, and highlights, $126). Brides-to-be can make a morning of it on their big day with the bridal package (trial hairstyle with veil, trial makeup, then the real thing, all topped with a light mimosa breakfast, from $210), while the entire wedding party can join in the fun for $95 a head.
The Mane Attraction requires every stylist to undergo 12 to 15 rigorous months of internal training in the exquisite art of hair, with field trips to New York, Berlin, and London for a more advanced education in cutting-edge follicular fashion—that focus on education extends to its clients, too. Once your stylist has discovered your perfect look, you will not be allowed to step out of Mane Attraction until you're a master at recreating that look on your own.
- Best of the West. – Harper's Bazaar
- I have been a Mane Attraction client for more than 10 years and in that timeframe I have not gone anywhere else. Even when I moved out to Surprise and it took me about an hour to get to the salon, I never even THOUGHT about going elsewhere. – shell0shell, Citysearch
- I've been going to Mane Attraction for about 15 years. They are the only ones I trust with my hair and I've tried others... I get so many compliments on my hair every day and I know it's because it's cut right. – Nunya, Google Maps
Tips For Brides-to-Be
Mane Attraction offers a bridal package for morning-of visits before the big day. If you feel yourself starting to get cold feet before you walk down the aisle, remember these positive reasons to go through with the wedding:
- There will be cake.
- Even if things don’t work out, you’ll still have gotten married before Deborah.
- At the reception, you can confirm your suspicion that the Hootie & The Blowfish cover band you hired is really Hootie & The Blowfish.
- The priest won’t give you a refund and those 100 doves are going to die if they don’t get let out of those cages.
- Your fiancé gained all that weight to become the World’s Fattest Man, don’t turn him into World’s Fattest, Saddest Man.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 1, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New clients only. 1 per person. Appointment only. Gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Valid for service only. Must be redeemed in one visit. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.