Kayakers, unlike pancakes or depressed turtles, muster the will to get themselves upright when flipped upside down. Float through life with this Groupon.
Choose from Seven Options
- $25 for one Guided Kayak Tour ($60 value)
- $39 for one New York After Dark kayak tour ($80 value)
- $39 for one Twilight SUP (Standup Paddleboard) session ($80 value)
- $65 for a SUP basics package, including the SUP Basics 1 and Sup Basics 2 courses ($135 value)
- $95 for a kayak basics package, including the Kayak Basics 1 and Kayak Basics 2 courses ($190 value)
- $20 for one SUP yoga session ($40 value)
- $20 for one SUP Beach Fit boot-camp session ($40 value)
Kayak and paddleboard tours each begin with a 10-minute lesson that covers the basics, which is followed by a 50- or 75-minute foray onto the river. Read more about kayak tours and standup-paddleboard tours.
Founded by Eric Stiller, who documented his journey kayaking and bicycling around an entire continent in the book Keep Australia on Your Left, Manhattan Kayak spans a team of instructors who lead kayaking and standup-paddleboarding instruction and tours beneath the city's glittering skyline. Veterans of the fitness industry, MKC's instructors use the dynamic currents of the Hudson River to train paddlers of all skill and fitness levels in the body-first method, which emphasizes paddling from the core. Atlantic Super Girls Julieta Gismondi and Louanne Harris, are long time instructors and guides who paddled two Stand Up Paddle Boards 1500 miles from NYC to Miami last year and earned SUP magazines Expedition of the Year. In addition to leading instruction and tours, MKC's crew also leads fitness classes including SUP Yoga, challenging participants to flow through poses while floating atop a paddleboard, aiming to boost participant health and learn the skills to earn the Statue of Libertys respect.