Before man conquered his fear of water, he amused himself with dust sports such as pushing boulders off cliffs, wrestling tumbleweeds, and falling in the dust. Take a brave step forward with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- C$17 for a two-hour introductory kayaking course for one various dates available (C$30 value)
- C$17 for a two-hour introductory dragon-boat course for one various dates available (C$30 value)
Classes of 10–20 students steer vessels through the Red River of the North, led by instructors imparting the basics of either singlehandedly manning a kayak or working with a full crew to propel a dragon boat.
- C$119 for a five-day dragon-boat camp for one child from July 6-10, 2015 (C$200value)
- C$119 for a five-day dragon-boat camp for one child from July 27-31, 2015 (C$200 value)
- C$119 for a five-day canoe & kayak sport camp for one child various weeks available (C$200 value)
Kids aged 10–16 explore the outdoors and learn the basics of on-the-water paddling in a five-day camp, lasting from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day. Kids should bring a lunch, hat, and sunscreen every day.
Manitoba Paddling Association
The Manitoba Paddling Association functions as the provincial sport governing body for local competitive canoeing, kayaking, and dragon boating. The association encourages the community to stay physically fit while still having fun through a variety of events such as races, year-round programs, and annual Dragon Boat festivals. Events change according to the season, and include summer camps that school beginners in the kayaking basics, spring training that introduces tougher techniques for competitive teams, and winter programs that offer opportunities to stay fit on shore, such as cross-country skiing, indoor circuit and strength training in the snow.