What You'll Get
Today’s side deal provides an opportunity to peruse the mysterious, striking interior of Marengo Cave in Indiana with a combo walking tour that includes the Dripstone Trail Tour and the Crystal Palace Tour. Up to two Groupons may be bought per person, with multiples available to purchase as gifts; this deal is not valid for group-tour rates. Children younger than three years old receive free admission. Choose from the following options:
- $11 for an adult ticket (a $22 value, 13 years and older)
- $5 for a child’s ticket (an $11 value, between ages four and 12).
Discovered in 1883, Marengo Cave, a U.S. National Natural Landmark, is located roughly an hour from Louisville and is open 363 days a year. Showcasing eye-catching speleothems (cave deposits), visitors can browse a wide variety of soda straws, stalactites, flowstones, and draperies. The combo tour melds together a 70-minute Dripstone Trail Tour that’s one mile in length, as well as a 40-minute Crystal Palace Tour that guides groups past eye-catching flowstone deposits. Embark on an exciting mini-journey into the earth’s depths without ending up at its core.
- Marengo even has something for the oddity seeker: the Penny Ceiling is a room in the cave that serves as a sort of reverse wishing well. Visitors flick their change to the muddy ceiling and it sticks. – Mary Reed, Get Out!
- We have been to other caves around the US but this cave is by far the most beautiful of any we have visited. – Pepper Paints
- Each tour has stunning things to see, made all the better by a very well done lighting scheme. – HonkHonk, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 12, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may purchase multiple as gifts. Not valid for group tour rates. Adult price applies for those at least 13, child price applies for ages 4-12. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.