Music is a force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $17 for reserved seating for one (a $35 value)
- $30 for reserved seating for two (a $70 value)
- $12 for general admission for one (a $25 value)
- $22 for general admission for two (a $50 value)
- Thursday, September 12, at 7 p.m.
- An all-you-can-eat taco-bar dinner with drinks at 6 p.m. is not included with this Groupon but is available for $20.
Mariachis Para Guadalupe
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church claims a special place in the life of labor leader Cesar Chavez, the founder of the organization that became the United Farm Workers. It was at the church that Chavez heard the words of Jesuit missionary Fr. Donald McDonnell and was inspired to begin his civil-rights work. Because of this, the parish and its hall—named for McDonnell—are in the process of being designated a National Historic Landmark; however, the buildings are in need of restoration before they can be named as such.
The Mariachis Para Guadalupe benefit concert aims to help the parish restore its buildings and expand its social-service projects and programs, which include literacy, gang-prevention, immigration, and mental-health services. Throughout the evening, mariachi bands from all over Northern California gather and rotate between two stages, presenting their traditional folk-style music. An all-you-can-eat taco bar with drinks keeps mariachi aficionados sated, and a Mexican-style plaza offers crafts and other food.