Choose Between Two Options
- $8 for museum admission for two ($16 value)
- $16 for museum admission for four ($32 value)
Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art
The sculptures and paintings inside Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art aren't the only things onsite that tout American aesthetics and history. The building itself acts as part of the collection. This grand, Classical Revival structure opened in 1910 as the Cobb County post office, then transformed into the Cobb County/Marietta Public Library, the meeting site of the Fine Arts Club of Marietta, and, eventually, what it is today: the cultural center of Cobb County.
- Permanent Collection: American artwork from the 18th Century to present lines the galleries.
- Impermanent Collection: The museum regularly features rotating selections from some of the area's (and the nation's) top artistic talent. Recent exhibitions have featured the likes of David Kessler and Isaac Payne.
- Education: Artists regularly teach children and adults the ways of oil painting, drawing, mosaics, and pottery.
- Pro Tips: Non-flash photography is allowed in select areas. Chatting on cellphones is not.
- Special Programs: Open-draw sessions, concerts, art lectures, and festivals take place throughout the year.