An Omakase–style Japanese restaurant with dishes made from seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients & served in an intimate setting
The trademark of an Omakase–style Japanese restaurant is innovative cuisine, created and plated with an impressive mixture of intuition, care, and creativity. The word "Omakase" literally translates to "entrust", meaning visitors rely entirely upon expert sushi chefs to tailor the menu according to fresh, seasonal ingredients.
At San Francisco's Maruya, one of the Mission District's first Omakase–concept restaurants, this locally-driven, creative cuisine abounds, taking center stage amidst the dining area's intimate, minimalist atmosphere with wood-paneling and an 8-inch-thick cyprus bar for guests to watch the chefs make their creations.
Each night, the classically trained chefs slice and plate elegant pieces of nigiri and sashimi, while steaming bowls of miso and other delicate starters whet diners' appetites. More specifically, diners can choose from "Masa's Course" or "Hide's Course," or go a la carte. Masa's menu includes six courses of sashimi, small plates, soup, broiled seafood and nigiri while Hide's course includes sushi and sashimi at market prices. The a la carte menu includes a salad of seawood, mixed mushrooms and marinated vegetables, and small plates like housemade tofu.
Maruya's painstaking efforts haven't gone overlooked, either—the restaurant earned a coveted Michelin star in 2015.
The Fine Print
- Cash back is calculated on total bill after tip
- Deal valid for 50% cash back (up to $10) only on first purchase and 10% cash back (up to $10) on all other purchases, including after the deal is re-claimed. Limited to 1 transaction per visit
- Deal expires 30 days after claimed, but Groupon may re-claim the deal for you
- Cash back is awarded in form of statement credits
- Online orders placed through third-parties are not eligible for cash back
- Most cards are eligible for cash back. See FAQ for details
- For debit cards, select "credit" when you pay. Not all debit purchases may qualify for cash back
- Deal can be used multiple times until it expires
- Deal is subject to Groupon+ Deals Terms
- Enrollment in Groupon+ required. Eligible card will be linked to all Groupon+ participating merchants
What You'll Get
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card
- Get 50% cash back (up to $10) on your first purchase and 10% cash back (up to $10) on additional purchases, including if the deal is re-claimed
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days