|_Jump to: Reviews||America’s Least Stressful Jobs_|
Escape the buzz and bother of daily life with today’s Groupon. For $22, you’ll get a 60-minute massage of your choice at Massage Harmony ($44 value), valid at the Randall’s Shopping Center location on Bee Caves Road. Even if you’re a first-time client taking advantage of Massage Harmony’s $34 introductory rate, this Groupon gets you 35% off that already discounted price.
This honeycomb-like lair of peaceful pampering contains soothing rooms designed to transport you into a natural state of bliss normally achieved only by babies and adults looking at babies. Step into the airy, open lounge and kick back with one of the following available massage options:
- Swedish: The most popular type of massage. Melt your muscles like beeswax, erase tension, improve blood flow, and awaken the lymphatic system.
- Deep Tissue: Give your body a break and surrender to an hour of deliberate strokes and direct muscle grain pressure.
- Sports Massage: If you’ve been pounding the pavement in preparation for a marathon or enduring rigorous training, recharge with this massage designed to enhance endurance and reduce recovery time.
- Acupressure or Shiatsu: A needle-less way to reap the benefits of Chinese acupuncture by awakening the body’s energy meridans.
- Reflexology Massage: The average person takes 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day. De-stress your soles with this foot-focused treatment designed to ease pain and encourage relaxation.
- Pregnancy Massage: Massage away the back pain that stems from carrying around a person in your body.
- Ashiatsu Bar Therapy: A lithe therapist will spritely frolic across your back, dotting your spine with luxurious foot-prints of relaxation.
Massage Harmony is open seven days a week until 9 p.m. This Groupon is a great way to recharge after a long week, relax after the weekend, or detoxify after the weekend to revive yourself for the week. If you’re too busy to shop for friends and family on upcoming Surprise Day, give everyone the gift of corrective touch.
Massage Harmony gets 3.5 stars from Yelpers and four from Citysearchers > * I went for the 90 minute Asiatsu Bar Therapy. Incredible. – Carla S., Yelp > * Great massages, great service, and great people. I was greeted by a warm receptionist who was helpful in booking my appointment and explaining the different types of massages to me. Then taken back into the rooms the therapist made me feel really comfortable, as he gave me plenty of time to get relaxed. – dcotar, Citysearch > * Let’s start off with the massages. This place has the best collection of therapists. I’ve had many people here, and I have yet to have one disappointing massage. – swv2520, Citysearch
America's Least Stressful Jobs
A massage is a great way to relax after a stressful day at work, especially on those days when it feels like you’ve got the most stressful job in the world. Some people’s jobs never get stressful, however. Here are America’s least stressful jobs:
- Hammock tester
- Guard at Fort Rickey, the quartz depository right next to Fort Knox
- Wink recipient
- Daydreaming infectious disease tester
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
We offer a wide range of massage styles without any variance of prices. We have a no expiration date policy on all of our package and gift certificates. We promote a share-if-you-care philosophy for clients to feel free to share their packages with friends & family. We are a No Contract-No Membership local Austin business who simply wants to cater to Austinites who are trying to make a difference.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
Our owner was in the service industry here in Austin when he was approached by a massage therapist about his back. After a few massage sessions he quit his job and signed up for massage therapy school. He created a business plan right after school and after a lot of pitches, he got an investor who believed in his dream. In 2006 Massage Harmony - Westgate opened her doors and since then has expanded to a total of four locations right here at home.
What do you love most about your job?
I asked this question during a recent staff meeting and it was beautiful to hear how many of our staff work at Massage Harmony because of our story and how we have been a part of the Austin community for so long. When you are small you still have to be heavily involved in every aspect of the business and always listening to staff and clients needs, ideas, passions and insights to maintain a strong relationship. We are proud to be a patch in the quilt of Austin that keeps all of us safe, weird, inspired and unique.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
In general, clients donlt walk through our doors feeling 100% - they come to us because there is a deficit in their lives due to a stressful work or home life; chronic pain from an old injury; and the list goes on and on. The best reaction we get is watching the transformation from when they check-in and check-out, its a constant reminder of the impact our therapist make not only on that person, but all the Austinites we see in a day and how they impact our community when they simply feel better, stronger and more confident.