All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· June 22, 2018
· June 20, 2018
· June 5, 2018
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $44 for one 50-minute Swedish massage ($75 value)
- $99.50 for one 60-minute couples massage ($177 value)
Swedish Massage: Four Steps to Relaxation
The gentle pressure of Swedish massage makes it a popular method for treating pain and stress. Read our guide—rather than Norse sagas—to learn what to expect.
Most Europeans refer to Swedish massage as classic massage, possibly because the technique did not originate in Sweden. In fact, the individual elements of the style can be traced to all parts of the world, but it was a Dutch practitioner who established the system that combines four distinct motions—whose names, as it happens, are mostly French: effleurage, petrissage, friction, and tapotement. Together, the motions help relieve muscle tension and stimulate blood flow, thereby energizing the body and soothing the mind during a single relaxing session.
The four phases are easy to distinguish. Effleurage refers to the smooth, gliding strokes that help relax soft tissues at the beginning of the treatment, followed by the squeezing, rolling, or kneading gestures of petrissage. Deep, circular motions make up the friction phase, in which layers of tissue rub against one another to boost circulation. Therapists conclude the massage with tapotement, a rapid cadence of percussive taps performed with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Massage on the Parkway
In addition to their bodywork treatments, Massage on the Parkway offers a variety of skincare and spa services. Read on to learn more about some of the treatments:
- Parkway signature massage: Our signature massage includes your choice of essential oil aroma therapy. This treatment begins with Ayurvedic style face/scalp massage if desired, and is concluded with steamed herbal towels for back, legs, and feet for an extraordinary experience.
- Basic facial: Facial treatment focuses on making clients feel relaxed while the skin is richly moisturized and hydrated. Optional microdermabrasion sloughs away dead skin cells to reveal a rejuvenated appearance.
- Sacred stones therapy: This ancient form of massage uses the deep, penetrating heat of basalt stones to produce a serene, rejuvenating experience and help restore balance and harmony back to your being.