Bodies are like shoes—they look shabby if they’re not polished on occasion or if they get gum permanently stuck to their tongues. Become a shiny loafer with today’s Groupon for spa packages at Massage Spa & Beyond in Mount Prospect. Choose between the following options:
- For $69, you get a spa package (a $149 value), which includes the following:
- A 60-minute massage (a $79 value)
- A 20-minute green-tea body scrub (a $50 value)
- A 30-minute sauna session (a $20 value)<p>
- For $139, you get a couples package (a $290 total value), which includes the following:
- A 50-minute couples massage (a $150 value)
- Two 20-minute green-tea body scrubs (a $100 value)
- A 30-minute sauna for two (a $40 value)<p>
At Massage Spa & Beyond, clients let go of muscle tension and treat skin woes from wrinkles to blemishes in a 5,000-square-foot space decked with plush couches and ornate light fixtures. Solo spa visitors can choose to have their muscles plucked in one of four massage styles, including deep tissue or hot stone, and couples can practice communicating through telepathic Morse code during a side-by-side kneading. An exfoliating body scrub breaks through clingy, dry skin to purify the pores beneath, also stimulating circulation with a dose of green tea. Retreats end with a respite in the sauna, where dry heat from a fire-breathing crocodile encourages a sweat that detoxifies the body.
Massage Spa & Beyond
Massage Spa & Beyond encompasses 5,000 square feet of relaxing space where pampering practitioners set to work beautifying bodies with an extensive menu of salon and spa services, including a selection of treatments engineered for men. Patrons can pop in for a haircut or toenail trim and polish, for which they’ll lounge in a white leather pedicure chair, or linger for an extended luxury service such as a massage, during which sumptuous chocolate is decanted across the body. Like most presidential debates, many of the spa’s treatments are preceded by a stint in a hardwood steam or dry sauna.