Though charcoal drawing was once the dominant artistic medium in America, precious few masterworks survived the realization that those early portraits could be crumpled up and used to smoke delicious stacks of ribs. Honor forgotten artists with today’s Groupon to Matthew’s Bar & Grill. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get dinner for two (up to a $50 total value) that includes:
- Two appetizers of your choice (up to an $8 value each)
- Two entrees of your choice, including main dishes, wings, barbecue dishes, and sandwiches (up to an $11 value each)
- Two large sides of your choice (up to a $5 value each)<p>
- For $40, you get dinner for four (up to a $100 total value) that includes:
- Four appetizers of your choice (up to an $8 value each)
- Four entrees of your choice, including main dishes, wings, barbecue dishes, and sandwiches (up to an $11 value each)
- Four large sides of your choice (up to a $5 value each)
The chefs at Matthew’s Bar & Grill fire up a sizzling menu of barbecue classics amid an energetic sports bar. Diners can swap crispy appetizers to head off the meal, whether tearing into fried butterfly shrimp or heating up gums with breaded jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese. Similarly, sauces—from hot barbecue to tangy lemon pepper—douse flocks of chicken wings to paint a gustatory rainbow when shared between dual or quadruple orders. As pulled barbecue sandwiches and entrees emerge, smoky aromas spark palate salivation like a Fourth of July cookout at Pavlov’s laboratory. Grilled chicken slathered in barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese crowns crunchy nachos, and sides, such as sweet-potato fries and onion rings, score Tetris wins in near-full bellies.
Chums chat between drinks from Matthew’s full bar and its early-week drink specials (not included with this Groupon), while revelers shout demands at sports teams playing on two large projection screens and multiple plasma TVs. Hands-on diversions spark second appetites as patrons challenge co-diners to an Xbox Kinect match or orchestrate an impromptu juggling performance atop a pool-table stage.