Dining out with friends can foster healthy relationships that might otherwise be limited to impersonal status updates or overly personal bathtime visits. Get a bite in person with a person with today's Groupon: for $22, you get a three-course dinner for two at Matts Grill (up to a $45 value). Dinner for two includes:
- One of the following appetizers:
- Buttermilk-fried calamari (a $12 value)
- Quesadilla (an $11 value)
- Grilled flatbread pizza (a $10 value)
- Any two of the following entrees:
- Grilled-chicken paillard salad (a $14 value)
- Penne with roasted-tomato coulis (an $11 value)
- Roasted barbecue chicken (a $14 value)
- Grilled-sirloin steak sandwich (a $14 value)
- One apple crisp dessert (a $5 value)
The warm woods and worn brick of Matts Grill welcomes guests to a menu of casual American fare arranged on colorfully painted china by executive chef Ray Camacho. An appetizer of buttermilk calamari begs for dipping in a duo of cilantro-tartar and sweet-chili sauces, and the grilled flatbread pizza melts three cheeses over a bed of bacon, mushrooms, and tomato. Nestled between French bread drizzled with basil aioli, a sirloin steak sandwich combines Continental and hearty American influences more elegantly than a steer dressed in a beret. A main course of imported penne mingles with fresh basil in a savory tomato sauce, and the roasted barbecue chicken beds down on southwestern fried rice. In a final dish of apple crisp, autumn flavors peek through light, crumbly pastry like a prize pumpkin hiding in a rose garden.
932 8th Ave.
Manhattan, New York 10019