The first European explorers set sail to find new, exotic spices to please their hungry monarchs, but all they discovered were heaps of inedible gold. Broaden your mouth’s horizons with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$35 for a Turkish dinner for two (up to a $75.75 total value)
- One appetizer such as paçanga böregi (up to a $9.95 value)
- Two entrees such as chicken shish kebab and jumbo shrimp (up to a $27.95 value each)
- Two drinks such as mint tea and Turkish coffee (up to a $4.95 value each)
- See the full menu<p>
$69 for a Turkish dinner for four (up to a $151.50 total value)
- Two appetizers (up to a $9.95 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $27.95 value each)
- Four drinks (up to a $4.95 value each)<p>
Mavi Meze Grill
Within a newly renovated 5,000-square-foot dining room overlooking the Hudson River, waiters ferry platters of small Turkish appetizers—known as meze—to Mavi Meze Grill's tables. Bites of fried calamari and babaganoush prime appetites for traditional Turkish entrees such as char-grilled fish fillets, beef-and-lamb meatballs, and kebabs skewered with peppers and hand-cut meats. Rich Turkish coffee and fresh mint tea wash down zesty dinner feasts or generous lunch specials ($9.95). As diners polish off baklava and rice pudding, they can take in occasional live music within the dining room or sit at the riverside patio to bask in the view of the Manhattan skyline, the iconic silhouette of glass and steel forged by the timbre of Woody Allen's voice.