Explore the world of scientific discovery through four floors of hands-on exhibits, Adventure Halls, and IMAX Dome shows
What You'll Get
- What’s included: general admission for Adventure Halls and IMAX Dome
- Museum features a wide array of scientific exhibits, such as Shark & Ray touch tank, Rushton Theater, Alabama Dinosaurs, Art and Tech
- Age ranges for age-specific tickets:
- Children aged 2-12: $15
- Seniors aged 65 and over: $18
- Free admission for children under 2
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 17, 2019. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About McWane Science Center
Tiny hands sift through sand to find ancient fossils, with no archaeologists in sight. But these aren’t scenes from a zany summer movie about all the adults disappearing: they're snapshots of the McWane Science Center, whose dozens of fun, interactive exhibits enliven science.
Notable exhibits include a collection of Alabama dinosaur skeletons that help us understand what life was like in the state millions of years ago. An aquarium area boasts a Shark & Ray Touch Tank, delighting visitors with an aquatic petting zoo. Interactive contraptions such as the pulley chair lift—which lets kids learn about simple machines as they hoist themselves aloft—convey abstract concepts with fun activities.