Choose from Three Options
$12 for a meatball meal for two ($21 value)
- Two double meatball cups or sandwiches with one topping each
- Two Cokes or Diet Cokes<p>
$15 for a meatball meal for three ($28.50 value)
- Three double meatball cups or sandwiches
- Three Cokes or Diet Cokes<p>
$19 for a to-go family dinner for four ($42 value)
- Eight meatballs, Sunday sauce, and grated Locatelli romano or parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Box of imported Italian spaghetti
- Parmesan-crusted dipping bread
- Four cannolis<p>
Even those who haven't been to one of Meatball Obsession's convivial red walk-up windows may have tasted founder Dan Mancini's recipes before—his meatballs and sauce have been selling in stores under the MamaMancini's brand for years. Well, they're not exactly his recipes, but recipes he's been learning from his grandmother, an Ellis Island immigrant who later opened her own meatball factory in Brooklyn.
He's used her culinary prowess to build a menu that offers customers a simple choice: having their meatball in a cup or in a ciabatta pocket, because a pant pocket wouldn't taste as good. Though simple, there is a fair amount of customization involved, as people can choose one of four meats and toppings that include hot peppers with smoked scamorza cheese in honor of Grandma Mancini's native Bari, Italy.