Simple laziness has spurred many culinary inventions, including the sandwich, the blender, and the pizza, which was invented as a way to wheel heavy ingredients from place to place. Transport your palate with today’s Groupon to Mediterraneo Ristorante & Caffe in Pleasantville. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a meal for two (up to a $66 total value). Each meal includes:
- One appetizer from the antipasti menu (up to a $14 value)
- Two entrees (excluding the bisteca al ferri) (up to a $26 value each)
- For $54, you get a meal for four (up to a $132 total value). Each meal includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $28 value)
- Four entrees (excluding the bisteca al ferri) (up to a $26 value each)
The cooks at Mediterraneo craft pizza, seafood, pasta, and beef dishes inspired by the myriad regions of Italy. Limber up your taste buds with antipasti such as fried calamari or carpaccio, a serving of thinly sliced filet mignon crowned with arugula and parmesan. A relay team of mozzarella, fontina, parmesan, and gorgonzola race across a savory track in the quattro formaggi pizza. The costata di maiale pairs a pan-seared pork chop with vinegar peppers and a balsamic reduction, and in the cioppino's plum-tomato sauce drenches a mélange of sole, shrimp, clams, linguine, and scallops. Burning wall sconces alight Mediterraneo's distressed walls, and potted plants spill over columns and arches to high-five vegetables that made it into signature dishes.