Paint pretty posies on pots or punk-rock portraits on portly piggy banks. Today's deal takes you to Meg-Art for pottery painting. With this Groupon, $20 buys you $50 of ceramicry, paint, glaze, and good times at Meg-Art pottery studio and espresso bar. Enjoy mug glazing and cappuccino sipping in Meg-Art's spacious studio.
There are more than 1,000 plates, pots, vases, and more to paint at Meg-Art, starting as low as $2. Most ceramics are between $10 and $30, with all the paint, glaze, firing, and studio time included. The friendly staff at Meg-Art will help you create wildly innovative plates and pottery that make one-of-a-kind, conspicuous gifts. Get a jump on the holidays by designing your own personalized present for a loved one, teacher, mail carrier, or congressperson.
Kids love learning crafts, so get multiple Groupons and make it a family affair, or let loose with paint-slinging thrills on a girls’ night out or all-ages bachelor party. Plus, group crafting has been known to melt office tension and eradicate polio. Head over to Meg-Art, located in Huntersville, and revel in childlike, paint-splattered delight with this craftacularious deal.
Remember popsicle-stick log cabins and macaroni beards? They're not as fun as they used to be. But painting ceramics remains fun into adulthood and beyond. Pottery making takes your suppressed childhood imaginations to glowing realms of ecstatic craft-joy. And whatever you end up making, Groupon guarantees it will be far superior to tracing your hand and trying to convince yourself it resembles a turkey.
Reviewers on Insider Pages love getting crafty at Meg-Art. Here are a few raves:
- Meg Art is a great place to take a date, the kids, or get together with some friends and paint some pottery. The selection of pottery is great. The atmosphere is laid back. My husband and I went and made gifts for each other one date night. – Erin H.
- My kids love to create new things and then watch their pottery come to life a week later. They are very sweet here and very helpful! – sarah b.
- Meg Art is a fun place to take the kids on a rainy day. With an ample selection of pottery for them to paint and a kids area, all kids are happy there! – Lori F.
Meg-Art takes the anxiety out of homemade gifting by offering prepared ceramic templates so you can skip ahead to the fun decorating part. This is great news for nine-year-old Thomas Whitehead of Roswell, Georgia, who currently holds the world record for worst consecutive homemade gifts. Here’s a list of some of his recent offerings, as best identified by his parents:
- Father’s Day (2008): Submarine pencil holder, or corncob ocarina.
- Mom’s Birthday (2008): Hand-colored page of Far Side calendar glued directly to refrigerator.
- Christmas (2008): Partial tree branch with words “Harry Pottor” carved alongside an attempted lightning-bolt pattern or naturally occurring fracture.
- Valentine’s Day (2009): Handful of silt supporting single birthday candle.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
meg-art pottery painting studio
At meg-art pottery painting studio, visitors of all ages bring plain white clay to life with kaleidoscopic splashes of color. Adults and older teens can bring friends or a date and some wine (if you are 21) to create a piece of art to call your very own. The classes are great for beginners and more seasoned painters alike. The workshops and class times are approximate and may vary depending on each individuals painting speed. Artists can choose from a variety of classes such as rustic flag platter, three mason jar tea light lantern, or make-a-wish platter. Visitors can make their painting sessions even more relaxing with tasty drinks and desserts from the in-house espresso bar, which serves tea, milk shakes, and java from house-roasted beans. After guests are done putting the finishing touches on their pottery, the helpful staff will fire pieces in a kiln for no extra charge, and each item is available for pickup in 7-8 days. At-home painting parties are also available with step-by-step instructions from a brush expert that arrives to teach beginner and expert artists alike a thing or two about painting.
15940 Northcross Dr
Huntersville, North Carolina 28078Get Directions