As a kid, following your nose often led inexplicably to a bowl of Froot Loops in a suspicious rusty cage. Now that your olfactory system has matured, you'll likely find today's deal at the end of your scent trail. For $30, you get $60 to spend on delicious-smelling bath and skincare products at Melt. You can browse virtually on the internet, but this Groupon is only redeemable at the physical location in Coolidge Corner. Melt's moderate prices afford you the opportunity to purchase multiple last-minute holiday gifts for mail carriers, moms, and people you forgot about, while still having enough left to use in a MacGyver-esque escape plan.
Melt products are handmade in Colorado with the same meticulous care a stork exercises while delivering pickled capers. Melt offers creams, lotions and soaps that will surround your face, feet, and body in a rich aura of moisture and gravitational pull. Every potion and elixir is full of fresh, fragrant ingredients and happy thoughts.
The lotions ($18) are infused with olive oil and shea butter to instantly send dryness to a watery grave. Pout-restoring lip butters ($4) outline your smile with a naturally shiny and delicious halo. Add some body wash ($15) to your shower tote to infuse your hard-working hide with vitamins while expunging impurities.
There are nine main scents that grace the wide range of offerings at Melt. Each one has been humanely tested on human animals, ensuring broad appeal and top-notch aromas. Circus of Pears emits the light and refreshing appeal of pear zest, while Lickin' the Beaters is a vanilla bean explosion that smells good enough to eat (which is only advisable during a cataclysmic pole-shift survival situation).
Yelpers give Melt products 4.5 wonderfully-scented stars.
- Most of the scents were alluring. I didn't feel like buying anything too expensive so I purchased a $10 massage bar from the Thor collection which was a spa-like eucalyptus scent. It smells amazing. – Julie R., Yelp
- I will likely come back in September to purchase some birthday gifts and will definitely check it out around the holidays. A welcome addition to the neighborhood! – Sarah A., Yelp
- ...something about being surrounded by bath indulgences and fresh flowers was very soothing. We did leave with something from both sides too. – Bethany B., Yelp
If there's a fragrance that sends your stress fluttering away like a butterfly tattoo coming to life and escaping from your body, Melt most likely has it. For some of the following rarer scents, though, you may have to turn to less reputable bathtub scent concocters:
- Seaside Carnival
- Horse fight
- Cinnamon roll-scented candle-scented candles (designed to smell not like cinnamon rolls, but uncannily like scented candles designed to smell like cinnamon rolls).
- New Moon: The Movie Official Team Edward Bloodscent Bathbeads, now with Red dye no. 5 and lifelike thickening agents.
- Fancy Mustard
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.