Of all the flightless birds, chickens remain America’s favorite kind to eat, narrowly beating out penguins, kiwis, and Larry Bird. Make bird the word with today's Groupon to Mema’s Deli & Sweet Shoppe in Auburn. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a dinner for two (up to a $29.48 total value) that includes the following:
- Two specialty-meal, grilled chicken, or fried chicken entrees (up to a $19.98 value)
- Two desserts (up to a $6.50 value)
- Two large soft drinks (a $3 value)
- For $5, you get $10 worth of anything on the menu. Sandwiches range from $4.49 to $7.99.
- For $7, you get $15 worth of anything on the menu.
Mema’s Deli & Sweet Shoppe offers an extensive menu abounding with fresh meats, hot entrees, and homemade Italian confections. Specialty-meal options include the chicken parmigiana, a platter of poultry dressed in homemade bread crumbs, sauce and mozzarella cheese ($7.49), or the eggplant parmigiana ($7.49). An open-faced meatball sandwich features homemade meatballs ($6.49), and the ziti, rigatoni, or spaghetti dinner includes sauce, cheese, and a choice of house made sausages or meatballs ($6.99). Dining duos can sup on their choice of grilled chicken dishes, such as the texas chicken, an Alamo-remembering bird served with barbecue sauce, bacon, and provolone ($5.49), or can sink teeth into a fried-chicken basket with fries ($7.99). A selection of desserts stands by to deliver the meal's fairy-tale ending, complete with cheese-filled cannolis ($1.49), a cocoa-crammed big brownie ($0.99), or a gift-wrapped Prince Charming.