What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | What Are You in the Mood For?
With today’s Groupon, $25 gets you $50 worth of contemporary American cuisine and drinks at Merchants NY East, the classy but accessible Upper East Side lounge. Its dual fireplaces and plush furniture accented by inviting décor create an unstuffy ambiance perfect for socializing and unwinding after work. Prepare for the familiar feeling of being in a well-appointed living room, one that belongs to someone swanky but not pretentious—like a business-casual Monopoly guy.
The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, with brunch on weekends and drunch on Shrigsday and Mabsday. No matter what meal you come for, the cuisine will be decidedly and proudly American. For brunch, there are a variety of prix fixe options, soups, salads, and sandwiches to choose from. Under prix fixe, you’ll find classics like a breakfast burrito (scrambled eggs, jack cheese, black beans, and country sausage, $9.95) and sweet innovations like dulce de leche French toast (caramel sauce, toasted cashews, berries, and whipped cream, $9.95). On Sundays, a noteworthy side order of live jazz is provided in the upstairs dining room, for the brainy be-bop brunch you've always longed for in your diary.
If you’re leaning more towards the lunch side, go for the lobster club sandwich with smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, and black-pepper mayo ($15.95) or the grilled chicken brie sandwich with grilled apple, onion, lettuce, and mustard aioli ($11.95). Goat-cheese salad, Greek salad, and more are also offered for anyone who prefers the green goods. The dinner menu is larger and in charger, with beefier entrees like the grilled petite filet mignon served with potatoes, shitake mushrooms, asparagus, and tamarind sauce ($29.75) and fishier (but in no way suspicious) choices like pan-roasted monkfish with lobster mashed potatoes and lemon caper sauce ($23.95). Salads, appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts round out dinner fare.
Perform a liquid séance by summoning fine spirits to your table, or get your classy tipple on with wines by the glass or bottle. The wine and champagne selection is a good mix of moderately priced (2003 Placido merlot, $26 bottle) to the flowing gold (1999 Roederer Cristal Brut, $450). The bar is stocked with fine cocktails and liquors fit for sipping. Single malts, cordials, and ports also reside contentedly among the extensive selection of spirits.
Note: Parties of four or more can use up to two Groupons. Not valid at the cigar bar.
- Merchants is a great place to a nice dinner....or just to sit at the bar and have a tasty drink. It's so relaxing and upbeat at the same time. The service was great- people were friendly. – shebes28, Citysearch
- Went out with 4 guys for an occasion. Food and wine was excellent. Finished the night off with top shelf cigars and cordials in their extravagant cigar bar. Oh, Derek Jeter just happened to walk in while were eating dinner. – Open Table Diner who dined on 7/25/2009
What Are You in the Mood For?
Picking what type of food you are in the mood for is one of the hardest decisions we make every day. Here’s a quick guide:
- If you crave rich, Italian tomato sauces, Italian bread, and Italian pasta sauce, you’re in the mood to eat lunch.
- If you crave customizable fun for all ages, you’re in the mood to eat Legos.
- If you crave pungent, artificial blueberries, you’re in the mood for smelly markers.
- If you crave dense, brown breads and beer, you are an extra on the British TV show ‘Allo ‘Allo!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 24, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 Groupon per table, 2 for parties of 4 or more. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.