All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 30, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $80 for window cleaning for 15 windows ($120 value)
- $130 for window cleaning for 25 windows ($200 value)
- $90 for gutter cleaning for one-story home ($175 value)
- $120 for gutter cleaning for two-story home ($250 value)
Four Things to Know About Collecting Rainwater
One reason to pay attention to your gutter system: it might be a source of water you can reuse. Find out how with Groupon’s look at one aspect of green living.
1. In many places, someone owns the rain. Especially in climates where drought threatens, cities need to keep a tight watch over their water supplies, anticipating just how much will pour down from the skies and return to be pumped back into their treatment plants. In some parts of the country, rainwater collectors must own the land they collect rain from, and other states limit the amount an individual can collect. Even so, the average homeowner with a rain barrel tucked under the downspout or their mouth open in a thunderstorm won’t be breaking any laws.
2. Rain barrels can fill up fast. If a 1,000-square-foot house were equipped to harvest all the rain that fell on it during a 1-inch downpour, it would collect about 500 gallons of water (accounting for the 20% of water typically lost to absorption, leaks, and overflow). That could make a considerable dent in the average American’s daily usage of 80–100 gallons.
3. Rainwater can turn your hair green. Metaphorically, that is—in fact, washing your locks with rainwater can not only save water but also save your hair from harsh minerals and other additives found in tap water. (You may have noticed a similar softening effect after swimming in a freshwater lake.) For the same reason, rainwater can help gardens thrive and cars gleam.
4. In an ultra-green home, you might pour yourself a refreshing glass of rain. If a filtration and disinfection system is installed, rainwater collected in a cistern can be potable. Texas, Ohio, and Oregon specifically allow for this practice within certain guidelines. If that’s too much trouble, you can still use rain indoors: since it’s not necessary to use purified water in plumbing systems, environmentalists encourage flushing toilets with rainwater to avoid dipping into the drinking supply.
For any questions, please call: 469-288-1948 or visit the merchant website: www.metroplexguttercleaning.com.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 20 miles of zip code 75088. Appt reqd. Merchant standard cancel policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1/person, may buy 1 addl as gift. Limit 1/household. Valid only for option purchased. Addl fees for cleaning: interior window $4.50 each; screens $2.50 each; French windows $5 each; exterior & interior French doors $6 each side of door; exterior & interior leaded glass $10 each exterior piece; removing solar screens 2.50 each. Fees apply for houses with gutter guards: $50 for 1-story house, $100 for 2-story house; will be collected at time of cleaning. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.