If humankind never learned to play with its food, it would never have learned to play with its ingredients, and the world would be one bereft bowl of gruel. Learn the secrets of culinary creativity with today's Groupon: for $32, you get one ticket to see Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, or Rachael Ray, plus same-day general admission to the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show on November 13 and 14 at the Washington Convention Center (a $71 value). Choose from the following celebrity demonstrations:
- Bobby Flay on Saturday, November 13 at 11:00 a.m.
- Paula Deen on Saturday, November 13 at 1:30 p.m.
- Bobby Flay on Saturday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m.
- Rachael Ray on Sunday, November 14 at 11:00 a.m.
- Rachael Ray on Sunday, November 14 at 1:30 p.m.
- Paula Deen on Sunday, November 14 at 3:30 p.m.
The fifth annual Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show will feature live demonstrations and talks by a bevy of talented chefs, including the celebrated Food Network trio. Break out your grit mitts to soak in the charm of Paula Deen, the queen of southern cuisine, or learn to tame a wild grill from chef and restaurateur Bobby Flay. Rachael Ray will refill empty caches of quick and easy cooking tips as she engages the audience in a lively Q&A. Nourishment enthusiasts should warm up their taste buds before they peruse the giant layout of more than 300 tasty exhibitions by gourmet caterers, party planners, personal chefs, and persimmons impersonating unripe tomatoes.