Digital technology has allowed for the introduction of many new art forms, just as Leonardo da Vinci once predicted on his blog. Upload a masterpiece with today’s Groupon from Michael Soo.
$99 for a four-hour beginners’ photography class (a $490 value)
- Taught by Popular Photographer magazine’s former Photographer of the Year
- Explore both technical and artistic elements of photography
- Learn lighting techniques
- Tips for all cameras
- Focuses on telling stories with images
- Choose from two dates:
- Sunday, January 29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, February 4, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. <p>
The press-lauded commercial shutterbug and digital image pro behind Soo Photography, Michael Soo has lent his expertise in commercial, food, and portrait photography to numerous international publications, including the New York Times. Drawing upon his expertise and multicultural background to educate fledgling photographers, Soo hosts workshops, teaches classes, and runs an online forum where digital cameras discuss technique in binary. Beginner- and intermediate-level classes acquaint novices with the art form, and advanced courses delve into lighting, black-and-white photography, portraiture, weddings, product photography, and how to cover up red eye with drawn-on mustaches. The classes also assist in lighting techniques, learning exposure and composition, and how to photograph portraits.