What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $24 for shampoo, cut, and style ($60 value)
- $32 for full color, style, and deep conditioning ($85 value)
- $40 for partial highlights, style, and deep conditioning ($100 value)
- $8 for shampoo and style ($20 value)
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to “air dry,” hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Additional fees may apply depending on hair length, texture, and density. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Valid only with Michelle. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.