Without extracurricular activities, children will take up sedentary pastimes, such as playing video games or baseball. Get them up and moving with this Groupon.
Choose from 10 Options
$95 for the Old Skool Hip Hop camp, which takes place July 9–13 (a $195 value)
- Ages 7–11 meet from 9 a.m. to noon
- Ages 12–16 meet from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.<p>
$99 for the Cheetah Girls One World Bollywood camp, which takes place June 25–29 (a $225 value)
- Ages 6–9 meet from 9 a.m. to noon
- Ages 10–12 meet from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ages 13–17 meet from 1 p.m. to 4 pm.<p>
$99 for the Dance the World camp, which takes place July 16–20 (a $225 value)
- Ages 7–10 meet from 9 a.m. to noon
- Ages 11–16 meet from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.<p>
$139 for the full-day Dance Basics Overdrive camp (a $295 value)
- Ages 6–9 meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 18–22
- Ages 10–12 meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 30–August 3
- Ages 13–17 meet from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 30–August 3<p>
See the camp descriptions.<p>
Michigan Academy of Dance and Music
Certified in personal training, corrective exercise, and performance enhancement, Mike Lauzon teamed up with certified trainer Sean Rhinard to help patrons work toward health and aesthetic goals. Mi-Fit, located within Michigan Academy of Dance and Music, begins training programs with a free consultation to assess weight and body fat and build a program tailored to one's schedule and well-being. The trainers build varying workouts, which burn calories and sculpt sinews through resistance training, core building, and stints with Ropes Gone Wild gear featured on The Biggest Loser. For those not able to make it to the gym, Mi-Fit works to create a personalized, self-guided program built around the equipment already in the patron’s home or the boulders available in a mountain goat’s home.
Most training packages include nutritional plans and food logs, which help clients keep themselves on a dietary timeline as they work toward preset goals. Trainers can connect clients with vitamins and nutritional supplements from Optimum Nutrition or help design and install a home gym to fit the space requirements of a basement.