Take a few hours out of your trip to Frankenmuth, to learn the stories of Michigan’s servicemen, servicewomen, and astronauts.
About This Deal
Admission for Two Adults
Buy One, Get One - Adult Admission for Michigan Heroes Museum
This voucher has no cash value. Voucher or code must be presented upon entry to the museum.
Closed: New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Need To Know
About Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum
Michigan Heroes Museum is the only such museum that celebrates the wartime contributions and experiences of Michiganders who've served. The displays cover all seven of America's foreign wars, honoring the soldiers' achievements and keeping their stories alive.
- Size: More than 850 exhibits, including those highlighting past governors and 17 astronauts, all of whom called Michigan home
- Eye Catcher: Displays celebrating 32 Medal of Honor recipients from Michigan and contains the largest collection of named Medals of Honor on public display in the world. Each display honors one recipient and includes photos, uniforms, and personal items, such as watches and weapons
- Don't Miss: Outside the museum stands a M60 main battle tank , an F-86 Sabre aircraft, and memorial statues dedicated to Michigan natives who have served.
- Hidden Gem: A collection of uniforms, including the space flightsuit worn by Col. Gregory H. Johnson, who delivered it to the museum personally
- Special Programs: Every year, the museum hosts the Frankenmüdder, a 5K boot camp–style obstacle course whose proceeds benefit the museum. Tours for schools, scouts and other organizations are available.