What You'll Get
Cars are vain and sensitive; they care about how they look and want their owners to feel proud driving them, even if it's directly through an inconveniently placed fruit stand. Today's deal for services at two Ottawa Midas outposts takes care of your ride's hacking cough, chronic phlegminess, or deathly fever. Choose from four options:
- For $17, you get a complete oil change (a $34.95 value), valid on weekdays only at the Robertson Road Midas location.
- For $25, you get $50 worth of parts and services, valid at the Robertson Road Midas location.
- For $17, you get a complete oil change (a $34.95 value), valid on weekdays only at the Baseline Road Midas location.
- For $25, you get $50 worth of parts and services, valid at the Baseline Road Midas location.
To start, spring for a classic: the Midas oil change. Midas will swap out old oil and quench your steed's thirst, matching the correct viscosity grade for your vehicle. Your service also includes a complimentary courtesy check of your engine air filter, brake fluid and brakes, power steering fluid, automatic transmission fluid, and coolant/antifreeze. They'll also check to see if your filter needs to be replaced (standard filter up to a $10 value included), as well as play down obvious indicators that the pumpkin-sticker-covered back-lefty is your favourite. Appointments are required and available on weekdays only.
For vehicles in need of some tender loving tinkering, Midas’s expert auto-repair technicians can perform a multitude of repair and maintenance services including brake and muffler work in both full-service facilities. A coolant flush (from $79.95) gives radiators new gusto, while a transmission flush (from $99.95) takes vehicles from just chugging along to whipping up dinner and drawing you a bath.
While the Robertson Road Midas has yet to receive many online reviews, six Google Mappers give Midas's Baseline Road location a 4.5-star average:
- The service was very quick and professional, I was able to do work on my laptop because of their free wireless internet, and they even bought me a coffee from Tim Horton's next door. Very happy, will go back to this location for sure! – Google Mappers reviewer on January 12, 2010
- I had gone in to get my brakes checked, because they were grinding and making noise. I was very impressed how the mechanic brought me into the garage and showed me what the problem was. – jeffweight
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 31, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2/person. Limit 1/vehicle. Limit 1/visit. Valid only for opt. & loc. purchased. Oil change by appt. only; valid only on weekdays. Oil change valid only for 5W20, 5W30, & 10W30 oil; add'l fees for upgrade. $50 option not valid on tires or batteries. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.