The only things that separate humans from fish are the ability to breathe underwater and aquarium glass. Learn to swim like a fish with today’s Groupon to Midwest Aquatics in Overland Park. Choose between the following options:
- For $34, you get a one-month swimming-lesson package for one child (a $79 total value), which includes the following:
- One month of weekly swimming lessons (a $54 value)
- A family registration fee (a $25 value)
- For $54, you get a one month swimming-lesson package for two children (a $133 total value), which includes the following:
- One month of weekly swimming lessons for two children (a $54 value each)
- A family registration fee (a $25 value)<p>
Midwest Aquatics’ instructors employ extensive training to teach children ages 2–adult the skills they need to splish and splash safely. Grouping students to each instructor, the 30-minute classes develop strokes and skills such as controlling breath and resisting siren songs. During enrollment, new students of all abilities talk with one of Midwest’s experienced aquaticians to determine class placement. Unassisted short swims and floats make up part of a beginner’s curriculum, whereas gaining endurance and skills in the backstroke are on the docket for more advanced minnows older than 7 or infants born with gills.
Midwest Aquatic’s heated, indoor pool houses students in a safe environment for practice without the distraction of showboating fish. Customers can check out the facility’s calendar for a list of class times held Monday–Saturday, though patrons should call ahead for specific class information as availability regularly changes.
At Midwest Aquatics, no one lounges poolside. Instead, students, 10 years old or older, learn scuba skills such as buoyancy control, underwater breathing, and aquatic movement in an on-site pool custom built for diving. Highly certified and trained instructors draw on more than two decades of scuba experience to teach underwater exploration in courses that range from introductory scuba sessions to open water dives, complete with off-site certification dives in locales such as Bali, Curacao, and local brewery tanks.
7565 W 160th St.
Overland Park, Kansas 66085