Mark Twain once called golf a good walk spoiled, due to the then-popular misconception that if you left a beautiful golf course out in the sun, it would fester and burst. Chip away at his ignorance with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $99 for three private one-hour golf lessons with Mike Poe (a $330 value)
- $139 for three private one-hour golf lessons and one five-hole playing lesson with Mike Poe (a $495 value)
Mike Poe at Quintero Golf Club
Like an oasis, a patchwork of emerald fairways and greens rises from a desert landscape characterized by brambly hills, cacti, and dazzling white sand traps. The green labyrinth connects across 7,208 yards to form Quintero Golf Club's 18-hole course, a par 72 layout designed by famed course designer Rees Jones that has garnered numerous awards. A challenging test for scratch golfers when played from the back tees, the course scales its difficulty for golfers of all abilities by offering as many as nine tee options on certain holes and training golf carts to read every par-saving putt.
The acclaimed course serves as the backdrop for lessons conducted by Mike Poe, the club's director of instruction. Mike splits his time between the driving range—where he can be found adjusting players' grips, clubface, and swing mechanics—and the course itself, where he teaches golfers to manage its many obstacles, such as how to play a shot from an uneven lie or how to design a natural-looking toupee using divots.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Rees Jones
- Length of 7,208 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 74.9 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 147 from the farthest tees