- Choose from nine locations
- Thorough 12-point tune-up
- Trained Wheelsmith mechanics
About This Deal
Unlike hamster-pulled carts, which require the passenger to dangle a chunk of meat in front the creature to encourage forward movement, bicycles provide simple, self-propelled transportation. Rid your humancycle of creaks and squeaks with today's deal: for $35, you get a race tune-up at Mike's Bikes (a $75 value). This Groupon can be redeemed at the San Francisco, Berkeley, Sausalito, Sacramento, San Rafael, or Palo Alto location.
The experienced coalition of bike mechanics at Mike's Bikes are professionally trained and certified to repair all makes and models of bicycles. Every race tune-up begins with a complimentary, obligation-free estimate to address any problems or concerns with your two-wheeled ride. The 12-point tune-up includes a thorough inspection of the bike's frame and pedals, as well as adjustments to the bottom bracket, headset, hub bearings, front and rear derailleur, and brakes. Your horseless, engineless carriage will have its crank and chainring bolts tightened, its wheels checked, and its self-confidence boosted. Post-tune-up, bikes will be fully prepared to tackle the Tour de France or race against gimpy horses.
Since its grand opening in 1964, Mike's Bikes has pursued the simple goal of building an expansive army of well-equipped, fun-seeking cyclers. Mike's has expanded this mission to Africa, fronting the capital and supplies to open self-sustaining sister stores.
CityVoters give Mike's Bikes an average of four stars. Yelpers rate the Sacramento, Sausalito, and SoMa locations of Mike's Bikes an average of four stars. Yelpers give the Palo Alto, Berkley, and San Rafael locations an average of 3.5 stars:
- Really smart and helpful staff. Totally passionate about bikes, which is perfect for super-serious bikers, as well as people like us who just ride occasionally for fun. – steve m. on the SoMa location, Yelp
- great choice of bikes - wonderful repair and care department - good web site for ordering. All the sales and repair people have gone above and beyond with help. – Lynne S., CityVoter