- Lake setting & mountain views
- Poolside cabana bar
- Canoes & paddleboats
- Adjacent to two golf courses
- Daily resort fee allows access to the fitness center, boats, and more, plus WiFi, local transportation, and parking
- Outdoor pool with 20-foot horizontal waterfall
- Available fishing equipment, paddleboats, and canoes
- Two neighboring championship golf courses
- Situated on Camelback Lake and near McDowell Mountains
- Balcony or patio view of courtyards
- Lighted tennis and sand volleyball courts
- 40-inch in-room HD LCD televisions
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- For $79, a one-night stay for up to two adults in a Superior room in September
- Or, for $99, a one-night stay for up to two adults in a Superior room October–March</p>
Views of Camelback Lake, the McDowell Mountains, and Golf Links
A hot-air balloon skirts a nearby mountain, a canoe cuts across the lake, and a sand shot curls up to the cup out on the adjacent links, but these sights are reduced to wet blurs and murmurs by the Millennium Scottsdale Resort & Villas’ 20-foot horizontal waterfall cascading above the heads of buoyant denizens in the expansive outdoor pool. After toweling off, swimmers can pass through the resort’s lobby, awash in the flaxen sunshine and adobe accents of the Southwest, before approaching 400-square-foot Superior oversize guestrooms outfitted with a king-size bed or two double beds. Views of the gardens or the courtyard engage eyes from a patio or balcony by day, and a 40-inch HD LCD television illuminates a cozy evening with first-run movies and clips of squirrels falling out of trees.
Situated on the banks of Camelback Lake, Millennium furnishes guests with canoes and paddleboats to perform pH tests in every contour and cranny of the desert’s freshwater oasis, and handy fishing gear facilitates a face-to-face with the lake’s many gilled residents. The athletically inclined extract sand from swimwear after intense bouts of beach volleyball or arduously eke out tennis victories sealed on the lit court. At the gorgeous outdoor pool and its accompanying poolside Coyote Cabana Bar, time becomes a non-issue. Weekenders can revel in the aquatic merrymaking of week bookending pool parties.
The resort’s two restaurants quell hunger pangs built up from hours of activity. With stunning views of the lake, Piñon Grill dishes up contemporary, locally-sourced Sonoran cuisine within intimate environs. Its patio frames the signature pink Southwest sunsets for an exquisite evening spectacle. Nearby, the casual Diamondbacks Bar & Grill assuages thirst with a barrage of daily happy-hour specials.
Scottsdale: Small City Charm near Golf and Desert Exploration
Millennium Scottsdale Resort & Villas shares the shores of Camelback Lake with the McCormick Ranch Golf Club, proprietor of two championship courses that remain open every day of the year. The water-laden Palm Course soaks lackadaisical lob wedges, and the Pine Course cordons off fairways with a thicket of mature coniferous trees. Golf devotees can uncover a bevy of additional courses shimmering like green oases throughout Scottsdale and the Sonoran Desert.
Just 3 miles south of the resort, downtown Scottsdale beckons the tender footsteps of travelers with a mélange of galleries, restaurants, and boutique shopping. Beyond the sandblasted walls of the city, the Sonoran Desert teems with exhilarating adventure prospects. The hotel concierge assists in mapping out exploratory desert jeep tours or panoramic hot air balloon rides.
Millennium Scottsdale Resort & Villas occasionally offers online discounts. Make sure to plan ahead to redeem your Groupon at the most opportune time.
- Taliesin West<p>The winter home, studio, and architectural campus of Frank Lloyd Wright integrates indoor and outdoor spaces in northeast Scottsdale and is viewable with a range of guided tours.</p>
- Desert Botanical Garden<p>This accredited botanical garden houses 65 cultivated acres of navigable plant life, exhibits, and artwork in a gorgeous outdoor setting.</p>
- Mastro’s Ocean Club<p>A premier steakhouse and seafood restaurant plates choice cuts and fresh catches in an elegant, dinner-only establishment.</p>
- Desert Wolf Tours<p>An ultra-functional Tomcar captained by an expert guide navigates the robust Sonoran Desert.</p>
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Travel must be completed by 9/30/11 or 3/31/12. Limit 3 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 3 per visit. Not valid 10/19-10/22. 72hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. 14% tax not included. Not valid with reward points. Valid only for superior king or double rooms only. Must be 21 or older to check-in. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.