A unicycle is silly, a tandem bicycle is oddly romantic, and a 16-person bicycle that rolls from bar to bar at a mind-melting 5 mph while blaring your friends’ favorite musical selections is today's Groupon: for $12, you get one spot on a two-hour pub-crawl ride (a $25 value) with Milwaukee Pedal Tavern, an eco-friendly leg-pumping, pub-crawling alternative for special and non-special occasions. Your Groupon is good for any crawl that begins at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Grab a few friends with good balance and enjoy the following stops and specials:
- Meet at Slim McGinn's Irish Pub ($1 PBRs & PBR Lights)
- 1st stop: The Irish Pub (Enjoy daily specials ranging from $2 Miller products to $2 Jameson shots)
- 2nd stop: The Wicked Hop ($2 Oberons and $1 off domestics & rails)
- 3rd stop: Rip Tide Seafood Bar and Grill ($2 Miller Lites, $2 Rip Tide Reds, $2 1800 Tequila shots)
- Final destination: back to Slim McGinn's Irish Pub (One free on-tap domestic beer plus an infinity of free high-fives and chest bumps)
Each Pedal Tavern has room for up to 16 people to rock out with their calves out. As your crew moves from pub to pub, your crawling conductor will happily spin your favorite CDs on the on-board stereo system (bring your own CDs). Like a socially acceptable human centipede, you and your pedaling mates will wheel your way through town, sipping brews and snacking on pub grub. Per the request of staff and local policemen, guests are asked to refrain from riding and drinking simultaneously, because it is entirely illegal; while at pubby pit-stops though, feel free to consume plentiful amounts of fermented ales and spirited liquids.
Must be 21 or older with valid ID.
Though people who have gone on Milwaukee Pedal Tavern tours haven't written many reviews of their experiences, the 16-person bicycle party on wheels has generated a lot of local press. It has been featured by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, United Press International and the Examiner.com:
- During one recent outing, Milwaukee Pedal Tavern brought a group from the bars along W. Blue Mound Road to Miller Park for a Milwaukee Brewers game. – Don Walker, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
- You really aren’t going crazy if you have seen this amazing new contraption winding its way downtown, at the blinding speed of 6 miles per hour! The concept is to power the vehicle by foot, making stops along a route (mainly of bar hopping), and gathering friends – and meeting new ones – along the way. – Amy Schultz, Examiner.com
338 S 1st St.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204Get Directions