If the mind is a terrible thing to waste, the body is a terribler thing to waste. Preserve the most important bodily aspects with today's deal: for $45, you get six physically enhancing workout classes at Mind 2 Body in Sherman Oaks (up to a $230 value depending on the class picks). Follow your sweatlust to any group class you want, from Pilates to gyrokinesis to yoga (you can mix and match), and feel your limbs swell with muscleness.
Wrestle your fitness goals to the ground with a trail-mix variety of six different types of classes broken down into courses for intro, beginner, intermediate, and advanced students:
- Pilates Reformer Classes and Pilates Tower Classes: Embrace machine-assisted Pilates with different classes, all to build proper alignment while delivering an intense workout for your core's strength and flexibility (50 minutes).
- Pilates Mat Classes: More traditional Pilateers can rely on the resistance of the human body to forge a deep-burning workout and a heartfelt connection to your Pilates mat (50 minutes).
- Anusara Yoga: A quieter workout that focuses your energies through playful and graceful movements and postures, uniting mind, body, and spirit (90 minutes).
- Gyrokinesis and Gyrotonic Classes: In Gyrokinesis, commit your body to natural flows and rhythms using stools, mats, and the floor to open up your energy and soothe oxygen back into your entire system. All this while making your back a straighter, happier creature. Complexify and intensify those workout principles by wrapping your hands around the resistance cables of the imposing 7-foot standing Gyrotonic machine. Use this device to open your body and lengthen your limbs while increasing strength (60- and 90-minute options).
Mind 2 Body is a health-centric operation that implements environmentally conscious practices within its facility and employs experts to motivate and encourage students to become fitter, more balanced versions of themselves. Exercise in small groups of five to seven people to ensure personal attention that elevates you to your personal best while fulfilling your personal resolutions in time for summer diving-suit season.
An appointment prior to each class is required. New clients only. You have six months to start your package and one month after starting to complete all six classes.
- I like the studio, but it's the instructors that keeps me coming back for more. – JJMc, Citysearch
- Great teachers and a great studio. I wouldn't train anywhere else with anyone else! – JLStew, Citysearch
- The teachers are non-threatening and willing to work with all ages and abilities. – Maria W., Yelp
Mind 2 Body
Lani Pelino discovered Pilates as a means to help her condition her body for dancing as she studied at Ohio University. Later, during an apprenticeship with The Atlanta Ballet, she completed her Pilates' teacher certification and opened Mind 2 Body as a venue for students to build healthy, powerful muscles without risking injury. As she continued to teach, she incorporated yoga, gyrotonics, and ballet-barre-based exercise into her studio's repertoire.
Now, joined by a dozen other instructors, Lani inducts beginners into the gratifying world of exercise, helps long-term athletes improve their skills, and even certifies teachers looking to bring the workouts to their own students. Lit by sunbeams splashing through a large front window, her green studio honors the earth with organic cleaning equipment, reusable bamboo towels, and studio mats manufactured without the use of PVCs, chloride, or the labor of indentured squirrels.
4617 Van Nuys Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, California 91403Get Directions