All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Conventional Oil Change with 15-Point Inspection
- Synthetic Blend Oil Change with 15-Point Inspection
- Full Synthetic Oil Change with 15-Point Inspection
Antifreeze: Keeping Cars Cold-Blooded
Techs will top off of your car’s fluids, including antifreeze. Check out our guide to find out how this elixir keeps your car from sweating.
An engine’s rapidly moving parts generate a lot of heat, and while water is extremely effective at keeping things cool, two things make it a poor choice inside a radiator. For one, it can cause the metal to rust and corrode or leave dangerous mineral deposits inside the tank. More importantly, though, water freezes—fast. In older cars, drivers would often fill their radiators with regular tap water, rendering them useless in the winter months or on summer camping trips in Siberia.
To overcome these shortcomings, modern coolant contains a variety of ingredients to prevent corrosion and change the freezing point of water—lending it the more popular name of antifreeze. When mixed with a solution of about 30% ethylene-glycol antifreeze, water doesn’t freeze until it’s nearly 0 degrees Fahrenheit—and doesn’t boil until it reaches about 220, allowing the engine to safely get hotter than usual. The mixture must be just right, however, since once the coolant becomes too diluted (anything over about 70%), the freezing point starts to creep back up.
Finding the right chemical base for antifreeze is an ongoing struggle. Almost all formulas use some kind of alcohol, whose freezing point is around 206 degrees lower than water’s. Early antifreeze used methanol, but its low boiling point made it ultimately impractical, so most formulas today are based on propylene glycol or ethylene glycol. Though cheaper to produce, the latter comes with a greater cost: it’s extremely toxic, a danger exacerbated by its sweet, syrupy taste. Some manufacturers have helped protect children and pets by adding a bittering agent to the formula, giving it the same foul taste of broccoli found in other poisons.
- 15-minute oil change
- Change of up to 5 quarts of oil
- Replace the old filter with a new filter
- Lubrication of chassis components according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specs
Complimentary maintenance check including:
* Fluid in Automatic Transmissions * Power steering fluid * Windshield washer fluid * Differential fluids (upon request) * Transfer case fluid (upon requested) * Headlights and taillights * Wiper blades * Battery test * Antifreeze/Coolant (Extra charge to top off) * Tire pressure * Air filter * Serpentine belt
- 25% off any preventive maintenance service at time of redemption
- Duration of service: Approximately 15 minutes
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid for 5 quarts of oil and standard filter, lube and maintenance check. Sales tax not included. Extra charge for additional quarts and synthetic oils. Extra charge for non-standard and cartridge filters. Sales tax not included. Must allow 24 hours purchase period after Groupon is purchased before booking. Sales tax is not included, will be collected at the time of service. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Must wait 24 hours before redeeming. Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.