If mouthwatering food makes your mouth water, the tasty smells of live music will induce euphoric synesthesia. Submerge yourself in an onslaught of sensory satisfaction with today's Groupon: $20 for $40 worth of worldly wines and buttery French flavors at Miro District Food & Drink, a sophisticated eatery nestled on the first floor of the luxurious Adelicia building near Vanderbilt in Midtown Nashville.
Bring someone you want to impress, such as your prospective stepuncles, to a superbly served dinner on a Thursday night when live musicians amp up the atmosphere with classy jazz or swing fiddle, and the local goat cheese tart (with wild baby arugula and fresh fig compote; $8) is at its tartiest. Try succulent French flavors with a taste of the veal meatloaf (with garlic mashed potatoes and mushroom demi glace; $12) or classic bistro mussels and fries ($12). Your knowledgeable and friendly server will be happy to help you pair the perfect wine with your meal ($28+ bottles, $7–$14 glasses).
If you're in need of a post-gameday pick-me-up, hit Miro District for a Sunday brunch of buttermilk pancakes ($6) and sweet potato hashbrowns ($4), or fill yourself with burger (10-oz. ground-steak burger open-faced with lettuce, tomato, aioli, bacon, and a poached egg with frites or grits; $12).
Photographs courtesy Bob Delevante.
- Their wine list...offers many wines that I love...and features mostly European selections, with the exception of a few California offerings. I was inspired to imagine where I might go, were I to drink my way around the Mediterranean (it’s a good sign when a wine list, together with the menu, can transport the imagination in such ways). – City Paper
- ...they have delivered a restaurant that achieves both casual and upscale without provoking confusion over Miro's personality. – Kay West, Nashville Lifestyles
- I went on a girls night out and Ryan the bartender treated us like queens. He made lots of recommendations and they were all very good. We had three appetizers the shrimp pasta and the filet and three deserts [sic] please save room for that. The food was very very good! I will be coming back and bringing everyone that I know. This is a place that should not be overlooked. – StacyHolden, Citysearch
- Appetizers baked formaggio, apple crisp salad and calamari mix were all presented very well and were very tasty. You could sense complex ingredients that were balanced very well. – CitySearchReviewer2, Citysearch
- Food with a very high integrity standard and thoughtfully prepared. Beautiful building with quiet yet complete service. Very friendly staff.... – deanrobb, Citysearch
The City Paper says Miro’s wine list “can transport the imagination.” When dealing with wine, different varieties can lead your imagination to different places. Here are some common varieties and the daydreams they are likely to cause:
- Merlot: A lovely walk in the park on a sunny day.
- Chardonnay: Your recent lay-off turns out to be a reality-show prank.
- Shiraz: The authorities don’t prosecute you for looting those antiquities because “Hey, everyone was looting.”
- Riesling: You survive the zombie plague, but your actions make you realize that you’re the real monster
- Zinfandel: They’re bringing back Alf!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Nashville-Davidson metropolitan government (balance)
1922 Adelicia St
Nashville, Tennessee 37212Get Directions