· Redeemed February 11, 2018
· Redeemed January 23, 2018
· Redeemed January 23, 2018
What You'll Get
Art can express a variety of human feelings, from joy at the birth of a child to confusion at the birth of a man-child. Eloquently articulate your emotions with today's Groupon for art classes at Mission: Renaissance, good at 13 area locations. Choose between the following class options:
- For $70, you get four kids’ art classes (up to a $140.25 value, depending on location).
- For $99, you get four two-hour teen or adult art classes (up to a $235 value, depending on location).
For more than three decades, Mission: Renaissance has unveiled the secrets of great artwork in its fine-arts classes, building two-dimensional beauty with three-dimensional depth. Each studio divides kids (aged 5–12), teens, and adults into small classes to draw upon their inner artistes with individualized instruction in drawing, painting, and mashed-potato sculpting. Children can unleash fantastic worlds of color and shape with charcoal, pastels, and watercolors in foundation classes designed to mirror apprentice-style learning. During two-hour sketching sessions, teens and adults will acquire basic line-drawing skills, a keen eye to gauge depth of field with ease, and extra-long pencils to reach the vanishing point’s pot of gold behind the canvas. Both the registration fee and materials are included in this deal, saving paint-lacking students from having to capture a wild rainbow and milk it for its precious hues.
Though reviews are limited for other Mission: Renaissance locations three Insider Pagers give Woodland Hills five stars and six give the Pasadena location five stars. Three Yelpers give the La Canada Flintridge location 4.5 stars.
- The classes are taught in a step by step method, so when I would get stuck or frustrated (yes, it still happens - they're great classes, not magic!) I could easily go over previous exercises to pinpoint what I missed, correct it, then move on. – Sandra C., Woodland Hills, Insider Pages
- If you re an artist looking to brush up on skills or someone just looking to get into art, I highly recommend this school. – k m., Yelp, 10/7/10
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 24, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/student, may buy mult as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Must activate by 8/23, classes expire 6 wks. from activation date. New students only. Must use all 4 classes at the same location. Non-transferable. Not valid with free introductory lesson. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mission: Renaissance
The meaning of art may be subjective, but Mission: Renaissance believes that the basic, technical skills needed to create art are learnable, regardless of a student’s age or experience. The instructors at the studio, which was originally founded in 1975, illuminate the Gluck Method, which focuses on the classic rendering techniques that the great masters used. The classes can accommodate students as young as 5, and they explore a number of different mediums—including charcoal, watercolors, and oils—while giving attendees the experience they need to appreciate art, as well as create it. Spread across 19 studio locations in southern California, attendance is capped at around six students per instructor, which allows them to offer artists more personalized feedback.