Strike a pose after taking advantage of today's Groupon to Mizu Hair Salon, voted a Best New Salon in the country by Vogue. For just $65, you get a cut, style, and blow dry—48% off the normal $125 value. Treating yourself to a hair styling at one of the world's best salons is usually quite a splurge, costing thousands of dollars in passport forgeries alone, but today it's so affordable that if you pass up this chance, you might be doomed to a lifetime of not-fantastic-looking hair.
Mizu hair design is artfully and scientifically harmonized with your unique coloring, bone structure, and style by incredible stylists. The personal consultation, shampoo and conditioning, haircut, style, and blow dry you get with today's Groupon will be artfully performed by a talented staff that Daily Candy calls "a dream team of stylists." It's as if former basketball stars Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Stacey King never played basketball, and instead trained at the preeminent European hair salon for 20 years before cutting your hair. Just check out all the great press Mizu's received.
Aside from the amazing team, Mizu is renowned for its incredible interior design. Natural light illuminates the symmetrical array of shiny white chairs and ovular beauty stations. It's a little bit like George Lucas's THX 1138, except that instead of the all-white, sleek design being indicative of an ambient post-apocalyptic indoor tyranny where hair is not allowed, the all-white, sleek design is accompanied with complimentary a pair of Myvu glasses (small media goggles whose lenses display movies and TV shows). Also, everyone gets beautiful-looking haircuts instead of close shaves. And all that is complemented by soothing ambient music and aromatic botanicals.
- I found the staff incredibly friendly and down-to-earth...My stylist...definitely listened to me, and even made adjustments at the end to suit my personal preferences. – Ankita d., Yelp
- He's fun, professional and uber stylish...I have pretty curly hair so it can be challenging for someone to cut and style it - but he totally understands and does a brilliant job. – Simone P., Yelp
- ...it looks like NOTHING I've ever seen in my life. The place is gorgeously modern and clean, the people are wonderful... – Mel0008, Citysearch
When Hair is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Hair
Since the chilling vision of a hairless future portrayed in George Lucas’s film won’t come to pass until September 17 of next year, you have plenty of time for experimenting with your own ‘do. Consider the following possible options for your next prom or medal-receiving ceremony:
- The Van Blastoff: This tower of hair is patterned after the particularly plumey pillar of white smoke at the base of a NASA space shuttle launch.
- The “Friendly Rashel”: This fan-favorite women’s hairstyle, reminiscent of a popular ’90s sitcom character, is not in any way affiliated with NBC Universal. See also: “The Russ.”
- The Wasp Nest: Not your mother’s beehive. This dramatic up-do takes it one step further by matting your hair with actual regurgitated tree pulp, and infusing it with a living, breathing wasp colony. You’ll see what all the buzz is about when they sting your enemies into a medically inconclusive coma.