This beautiful ankle bracelet makes for a perfect gift with personalized nameplate design
About This Deal
- December 4th is the last day to redeem the voucher and receive your order in time for Christmas.
- $5 for Mini Name Plate Ankle Bracelet ($64.99 value)
Laser Engraving: Making a Good Impression
Laser-engraving machines can monogram rings, bracelets, or lockets in a fraction of the time it would take using more traditional methods. Check out Groupon’s examination of how they accomplish this feat.
Engraving machines are made up of a computer, a laser, mirrors, and a cutting surface. Using an uploaded design as a blueprint, the laser beam engraves a piece in one of three ways:
1. Moving up and down or left to right to create the image—much like how an old-fashioned dot-matrix printer would print out Shakespeare’s rough drafts.
2. Staying still while the cutting surface shuttles the object under it.
3. Dancing across the material as if it is drawing the design freehand. As this happens, mirrors magnify the intensity of the laser beam so it can engrave the object at the right time.
In each case, the engraving happens via the process of ablation, which removes material through evaporation—as opposed to physically cutting the material (abrasion). Because the laser is so concentrated, a high proportion of the light’s energy is converted into heat, effectively vaporizing the surface.
From its beginnings more than 20 years ago as a brick-and-mortar jewelry store in New York, MonogramHub has developed into an online emporium full of finely crafted jewelry pieces, personalized for every customer. The team of skilled craftsfolk at MonogramHub specializes in one-of-a-kind products such as photo pendants for preserving a precious family memory or ornate monogram cufflinks for remembering which tailored suit in the closet is yours. Jewelers create glittering earrings, necklaces, and rings in the shape of a client's name, engrave wedding rings with anniversary dates, or fashion delicate hamsa and wishbone charms for good luck.