A vacation at a hotel is most exciting when there are things to see beyond the cable TV’s documentaries on your hometown. Travel to an adventuresome locale with this Groupon.
$395 for a Two-Night Vacation Package (Up to $722.80 Value)
- Two-night stay for up to four in a pyramid- or bay-view room with one king bed or two queen beds (up to a $418 value)
- Four two-day value passes, which grant unlimited admission to all Moody Gardens attractions for two consecutive days (a $259.80 value)
- Easter basket filled with colorful candies and a small stuffed animal (a $15 value)
- A carafe of lemonade and snacks (a $12 value)
- Valet parking (an $18 value)<p>
Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center
As if in 30th-century Egypt, a collection of towering glass pyramids welcomes travelers to the Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center—a contemporary lodge surrounded by 242 acres of botanical landscaping. From each room's window, views of scenic marinas and the City of Galveston tempt guests to venture outside the building, sacrificing amenities such as a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and outdoor jogging track.
Outside, though, the glass pyramids herald a bigger temptation: Moody Gardens itself, a sprawling collection of attractions and educational exhibits. A 3-D IMAX theater treats viewers to eye-popping nature documentaries and movies, and creatures ranging from harbor seals to penguins frolic within a 1.5-million-gallon aquarium. Within the 10-story Rainforest Pyramid, creatures such as Chinese alligators crawl about the floor as butterflies flutter in the canopy. Elsewhere, a replica of an 1800s-style paddle wheel ferries up to 800 passengers on one-hour cruises, all the while tooting its horn in disbelief at their newfangled fashions.
7 Hope Blvd.
Galveston, Texas 77554