- First Place Chef, National Chef Challenge
- Sustainable seafood and more
- Second-floor view of city
What You'll Get
Hills and mountains are formed by vast underground food deposits, which, over time, stretch the landscape into soft mounds of untapped edibility. Dig into the bounty of British Columbia with today’s Groupon: for $20, you get $40 worth of simple, elegant dishes and drinks at Mosaic Bar & Grille, located inside the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. This Groupon is not valid toward breakfast or weekday lunch (served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.).
Mosaic Bar & Grille's dinner menu presents a pleasing patchwork of style and simplicity, with its seafood dishes endorsed by Ocean Wise, the sustainable-seafood program operated by the Vancouver Aquarium. Small plates include mussels and clams ($13), roasted-chicken tortilla soup ($10), and a Dungeness crab cake ($15), with the menu drawing from Vancouver's valleys of dressing-dotted greens to offer Caesar ($10) and arugula ($9) salads. Large plates exhibit the intricacies of buttermilk fried chicken with potato puree and garden salad ($26), grilled wild salmon with paella-style risotto and chorizo sausage ($31), and tender potato gnocchi with roasted squash and feta ($21).
Mosaic Bar & Grille is located on the second storey of the hotel, giving diners a view of the city usually afforded only to gargoyles and web-shooting superheroes. As you feast on the fare, overseen by award-winning chefs, enjoy the sight of street life and the mighty ocean, majestically resting in the distance like a mirror full of sharks.
Mosaic Chef de Cuisine Clement Chan took first place in the National Chef Challenge in June, making him the Culinarian of the Year for the Canadian Culinary Federation. Six Yelpers give Mosaic a 3.5-star average, and OpenTable.com users give it 3.8:
- If you are a chocolate lover, must try their gigantic chocolate cake. It's purely decadent and is HUGE! – OpenTable.com user who dined on June 4, 2010
- Our experience was amazing. We had a fairly large group with several birthdays...Our water glasses were always full and the food came out quickly. A great experience... – OpenTable.com user who dined on May 16, 2010