All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed January 29, 2017
· Reviewed September 6, 2016
· Reviewed September 5, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $64 for one weekday Chili Bar rafting trip and Gold Rush tour with lunch ($124 value)
- $79 for one weekend Chili Bar rafting trip and Gold Rush tour with lunch ($149 value)
Trips depart from Mother Lode, and last around seven hours. Groups navigate 11.5 miles of challenging rapids, including Meatgrinder, Highway, and the Class III+ Troublemaker. Groups grab lunch within the scenic Marshall Gold State Park; after chowing down on cold cuts and veggies from the delicious deli spread, guests can do a bit of exploring around the site of Sutter’s Mill, where a gold discovery helped kick off the Gold Rush of 1848. Along the way, they’ll also learn about river conservation, area flora, fauna, and area geology from Mother Lode’s outdoor education experts.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 19, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Reservation required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 10 per person. Valid only for option purchased. $9 government river usage fee not included with rafting options. Rafting season begins May 2016. Must be at least 8 years old. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mother Lode River Center
How do you transform Sacramento into a land of adventure? For the guides at Mother Lode River Center, the answer is simple: just add water. On their whitewater rafting tours, they lead groups on expeditions along the rushing waters of the American River ranging from mild to wild. However, the fun doesn't end there. Read on to learn more about Mother Lode's specialties:
- Beginner South Fork rafting on the fun and exciting section known as "The Gorge," and ride the most popular rapids in California
- Intermediate Middle Fork rafting that tackles both class III and IV rapids ranging from Tunnel Chute to Parallel Parking
- Advanced North Fork rafting with continuous class IV rapids including Chamberlain Falls and Bogus Thunder
Zip Line and Ropes Course
- High elements course runs 20-40 feet above the ground with belay systems and challenges including a leap of faith and zip line
- Gold Rush history program that explores the economic, social, and political effects of the Gold Rush
- River Science class that teaches about the water cycle, erosion, the scientific method, and aquatic life
- Life skills development trains groups in leadership skills, problem, solving, and teamwork on the rope course