Without constant exercise, brains tend to lose muscle mass, become easily fatigued, and forge notes to excuse themselves from mental math class. Keep cerebrums in attendance with today’s Groupon: for $10, you get $20 worth of fare and drinks during a trivia show hosted by MotorCity Trivia. Today’s deal is only valid during scheduled trivia shows at the following times and locations:
- Monday nights at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. at Lions & Tigers & Beers in Wyandotte. View the menu here.
- Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. at Mr. B's Rustic Tavern in Howell. View the menu here.
- Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. at Bayside Sports Grille in Walled Lake. View the menu here.
- Thursday nights at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. at CJ's Brewing Company in Plymouth. View the menu here.
- Friday nights at 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. at Aubree's Pizzeria & Grill in Northville. View the menu here.
- Saturday nights at 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. at Aubree's Pizzeria & Grill in Northville. View the menu here.
- Sunday nights at 7 p.m. at Bayside Sports Grille in Walled Lake. View the menu here.
MotorCity Trivia hosts ebullient live trivia shows at a variety of area bars and restaurants, letting teams and individuals alike munch on toothsome eats as their brains get tickled by challenging games. Monday-night munchers can detonate hunger with Lions & Tigers & Beers’ zing-infused Dynamite! burger ($8.99) laden with jalapeños and pepper jack cheese, and the Bayside Sports Grille’s macadamia-crusted Canadian whitefish ($16.95) sends mouths on a flavorful border-crossing sojourn on Wednesdays and Sundays. Those in search of circular sustenance during Friday and Saturday trivia fests can nibble through Aubree’s Pizzeria & Grill’s comestibles, including a Caribbean jerk personal pizza ($12.59) festooned with sweet-and-spicy jerk sauce, bacon, and jalapeño steel drums. The chefs at CJ’s Brewing Company cloak Alaskan cod in a regal golden-ale beer batter when crafting their scrumptious fish 'n' chips ($10.99) for Thursday-evening feasts, and the burritos ($9.99) at Mr. B’s Rustic Tavern snuggle chicken or beef into soft flour-tortilla sleeping bags in honor of Tuesday dinner.
While teeth chow down, gray matter gorges on a banquet of tasty trivia served up by one of MotorCity Trivia’s charismatic MCs. Each factoid ringmaster doles out a litany of questions that prompts participants to dig deep into their mental libraries to dust off filed-away information nuggets. Victorious players can scoop up an assortment of prizes including gift cards and gold-plated high-fives.