For thousands of years, humans have studied trees to learn how they too can provide suitable housing for squirrels and grow lemons from their fingertips. Branch out with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for an annual individual membership ($50 value)
- $30 for an annual family membership ($60 value)
Aside from supporting the park, membership benefits include:
- Annual Lane County Parks parking pass, good for all 71 parks
- Free admission to the spring Wildflower Festival and the fall Mushroom Festival
- Free admission to guided nature walks for one or four people, depending on membership level
- Discounts on educational workshops
- Quarterly newsletters and advance notice of special events
- Free or reduced admission to hundreds of other arboretums and botanic gardens throughout the USA and Canada.
Mount Pisgah Arboretum
Nestled between the Willamette River and its namesake mountains, Mount Pisgah Arboretum houses 209 acres rich with plant life. Ferns, mosses, and wildflowers abound in the arboretum's forests, gardens, and meadows, which visitors can explore along more than 7 miles of trails. In fact, the nonprofit's plant list tallies a whopping 67 families, 231 genera, and 339 species. Nearly 90 of the latter line the arboretum's entrance garden alone, including almost 60 types of Rhododendron.
Besides plants, Mount Pisgah Arboretum hosts diverse wildlife ranging from endangered western pond turtles to songbirds. Native amphibians and reptiles, meanwhile, live in the Visitor Center amongst a working beehive and microscopes for inspecting bugs or your thumb on accident. Elsewhere, guests can feast in the wooded picnic area or exchange vows at the Great Meadow's wedding ceremony sites. Throughout the year, the arboretum hosts plenty of other events and programs, including an annual mushroom festival and myriad nature walks.