For $10, today's side deal gets you a two-hour discover rock-climbing class at Mountain Gear (a $20 value).
- Class teaches new students everything they need to know on how to harness up, tie in, and belay
- Two-hour classes include use of all necessary equipment
- Held Tuesdays from 6 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Small, intimate six-person classes
- Also sells rock-climbing gear (not included in the cost of the Groupon)
More than two decades ago, Paul Fish dreamed up a unique backpack and stitched a prototype by hand. After some redesigns, Fish and his wife opened an outdoor apparel shop—Mountain Gear—where they could sell these packs to local climbers and backpackers. Today, Mountain Gear's spacious retail location boasts a comprehensive selection of gear for camping, hiking, and climbing, as well as snowsports and watersports. Skiers can bundle up in gear from The North Face and Black Diamond, and mountaineers can ascend to new altitudes with Mountain Hardwear apparel. Mountain Gear also houses an indoor climbing wall, and its outdoorsy staff hosts classes that teach attendees how to tackle their first climbing wall or cook meals in the wilderness without having to call a restaurant for instructions.
2002 N Division St.
Spokane, Washington 99207Get Directions