- One Whole Body Cryotherapy Session
- One Whole Body Cryotherapy and Infrared Sauna Session
- Five Whole Body Cryotherapy Sessions
- Five Whole Body Cryotherapy and Infrared Sauna Sessions
- Ten Whole Body Cryotherapy Sessions
- Ten Whole Body Cryotherapy and Infrared Sauna Sessions
Whole Body Cryotherapy originated in Japan in 1978 when Dr Yamaguchi started using freezing treatments of short duration on his rheumatoid arthritis patients’ skin surface for pain management purposes. Soon it spread through Poland and Germany and then all across Europe. Now that it is gaining traction in the US, MpowerD knew they had to move forward with finding the best Cryosauna out there. Knowing that Dr. Andrews (senior consultant for the Washington Redskins) is on the Advisory board of Impact gave them all the confidence they needed to move forward with this amazing, super cold sauna! Choosing Infrared for contrasting therapy has brought a feeling of recovery, detox, and pain relief that clients love!
Open seven days a week, MpowerD Massage sees a wide range of people walk through its doors, from young children, pro football players to Olympic athletes, and people living with chronic pain. Despite their different backgrounds, they all flock to MpowerD for the same reason: the use of the Impact Cryosauna and Infrared Carbon Wavelength Sauna at MpowerD for recovery and pain relief. Here, certified therapists specialize in acute and chronic pain management, whether that pain stems from sports injuries, everyday wear and tear, or old injuries. MpowerD's state-of-the-art cryosauna can get the job done in just 3 minutes, and can accommodate bodies up to 7 feet tall. The staff follows the lead of Holly Patterson, who owns MpowerD and acts as its lead sports massage therapist, as well as the yoga teacher. Feel free to try some of the other services like Sports & Therapeutic massage, Thai, Reiki/Meditation, FLOAT, Functional Movement Assessments, 1-on-1 Assisted Stretching, and Yoga classes.
Meet the Team:
- Education: Holly graduated from massage school in 2009, and recently, she attended classical yoga training.
- Clients: She has worked with competitive athletes of all ages, from kids to retired professionals. Her resume includes work with the Washington Wizards and volunteer stints with non-profits such as Wounded Warriors.
- Qualifications: A seasoned basketball, soccer, and softball player, Holly has a knack for getting to the root of pain. What's more, she keep her massage game sharp as a member of reputed groups such as Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals.
Tasha and Lucy:
- A combined 20 years of massage experience in ART, MFR, PNF, thai, trigger point, gua sha, deep tissue, full body skills, and more.
Kara and Meg:
- Both provide extensive yoga training and can customize classes to fit any experience. Kara's classes are more challenging while Meg offers restorative and reiki classes.
- Provides 3DMAPS functional movement assessments to help clients understand why their bodies don't move the way it should or the underlying causes of recurring injuries.